The annual Pride of Southside Homebrew Invitational is held in partnership with HopFusion and other neighborhood breweries to celebrate the best in local brewing, and help raise funds for our programing. There will be hand blow beer mugs and event t-shirts for sale. While enjoying your beer hang out and watch glass blowing demos.
There are three components to the event:
- 1. A BJCP Recognized Homebrew Competition – This years style will be 20A – American Porter. The winner will have the opportunity to brew their winning beer at HopFusion.
- 2. Homebrew “Best in Show” Competition – bring your best brew for the public to sample and vote for best in show
- 3. Commercial Brewer’s Tasting – The local pros will have some of their best brews on site for you to sample.
$10 to taste homebrew samples and vote for best in show(order of the Unicorn Membership)
$50(pre-sale, day of $60) to taste homebrew samples, vote for best in show, choose hand blow beer mug and commemorative shirt.
To register, or for more information for the event click HERE.
Brewer Entry: BJCP or Best in Show $20 ($30 late entry) | Both $30 ($40 late entry)
- You will be able to enter one beer into the BJCP competition ($5 for additional entry) or up to 3 beers into the Best in Show competition (no additional fee) Brewer Guidelines
- You will receive a commemorative scorecard and voting ticket
- You will receive an event t-shirt
- Day of the event – Please plan to arrive by noon for set up. We will provide ice, tables, and sampling cups.
This is a BJCP Recognized Homebrew Competition
The Homebrew Competition winner will be chosen based on the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) standards (this is legit, folks). The winner will win an opportunity to brew their beer at HopFusion Ale Works and enter it into the 2018 Great American Beer Festival (GABF) Pro-Am category. Submissions will be accepted Monday, October 16th 2017 to Friday October 20, 2017 during normal business hours at HopFusion Ale Works.
- Brew a beer in BJCP sub-category 20A American Porter
- Print and fill out the recipe form and bottle label form. https://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_BottleID.pdf
- Bring three bottles (12 oz), along with the recipe form and $30 cash per entry (if not prepaid). Monday, October 16th 2017 to Friday October 20, 2017 during normal business hours at HopFusion Ale Works.
- You must write your AHA number on your recipe form and bottle labels or it will be disqualified.
- All homebrewing entrants must be members of the American Homebrew Association at the time the original homebrew entry is submitted for competition as well as when the entry is judged.
- Winner must not work at or have worked at a brewery.