Front of House
Front of house
SiNaCa Studios is looking for part-time Front of House Staff to join our team that are passionate about sharing the glass creating process.
SiNaCa Studios – School of Glass and Gallery is a not for profit organization, dedicated to providing North Texas an opportunity to experience the rich tradition of glass as a creative medium through education, studio and community involvement. The Front of House Staff is essential to SiNaCa’s operations. The main role of the Front of House Staff is to ensure that a good impression is achieved by positively representing the art and the organization’s mission with enthusiastic customer service. This is done by confidently answering all guest questions, and being capable of interpreting, translating and directing each guest that calls or visits.
- Arrive for all shifts on time and follow all expectations as expressed in the Policy and Procedure Handbook
- Box glass art pieces, prepare shipping documents
- Check in class/event participants
- Communicate organizational sponsorship and donor opportunities
- Enter data from release forms
- Greet visitors and answer questions
- Process inbound and outbound mail and freight
- Process payment transactions for invoices, registrations, donations, memberships, commissioned pieces, repairs, and gift cards
- Promote current and upcoming events and classes
- Responsible for regular cleaning and upkeep of common areas
- Updates databases for USPS return to sender notifications and address changes
TERM OF SERVICE, SALARY, BENEFITS AND BONUSES
Expected Weekly Hours: Front of House Staff are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. They may work up to 40 hours as available shifts allow. Front of House Staff that cannot maintain a consistent minimum of 15 hours per week may be put on a probationary period.
Annual Salary: Front of House Staff receive starting compensation at $15 per working hour. Cost of living and merit raises will be assessed annually during evaluations.
Payment: Front of House Staff pay is W4 employee payroll and will have state or federal taxes deducted. It is processed monthly (by the 15th), for work conducted in the previous month. Front of House Staff will be issued a W2 at the end of the accounting year.
Volunteer Compensation: A $50 gift card is provided for every 10 hours of non-demonstration, sanctioned volunteer time. These gift card dollars are redeemable for SiNaCa classes, rental time, and raw material purchases.
- Front of House Staff that maintain a 20-hour average may qualify for health benefits after 6 months of employment.
- Front of House Staff may rent studio equipment at a discounted rate. Current rates are available upon request.
- Availability & Time Off:
Front of House Staff should always keep a current work availability schedule on file. Temporary changes in availability are considered as requests for Time Off.
- Paid Time off: Front of House Staff qualify for 10 hours of paid time off after 6 months of employment. Time off accrues each pay period and can be used for up to one year from the date of accrual. Increases in annual paid time off will be assessed annually during evaluations
- Un-Paid Time off: There are no restrictions for un-paid time off for. However, proper communication within the appropriate reporting relationship is important to maintain employment and benefits eligibility.
KEY CAPABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
• Database management and filing abilities
• Experience in customer service preferred
• High School enrolment or diploma required • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Reliable Transportation
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Ability to educate and articulate SiNaCa’s mission, vision and values
• Accuracy in sales transactions and data entry
• Attendance at facility, philanthropic and fundraising events both on and off site
• Cleanliness of Front of House at shift’s end
• Positive customer reviews and management observations and high scores on guest surveys
This position reports to Front of House Manager or Administrative Coordinator.